Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never heard of these. When and what year generation of Taurus did they start installing this item?. Excellent photos in the prior post about changing this filter BTW. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
They were found in the Gen 3 (96-99) and the Gen 4 (2000-2007) models. Some guys on another Lincoln site modified their 88-94 Continental to have one (Continental is based off the Taurus).

·
Registered
166 Posts
Not all 96-99's had them. IIRC gen3's had them on the higher end models. From 2000 up they were standard. I remember our mechanic changin the filter in our 99 SE Vulcan and he said there wasn't one in it. If it didn't come with one from the factory one can still be put in.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Just making sure everyone understands.

From 96 to 2007 every thing is there to install it. If it is missing the filter just buy the filter and drop it in.

Mike
:thumb:

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
Not all 96-99's had them. IIRC gen3's had them on the higher end models. From 2000 up they were standard. I remember our mechanic changin the filter in our 99 SE Vulcan and he said there wasn't one in it. If it didn't come with one from the factory one can still be put in.
[/b]
My Mom's 99 SE Vulcan has it....maybe they just forgot to drop one in for your car :dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
My Haynes manual says that the '96 year model didn't have a cabin air filter. Of course, Hayne's manuals aren't the greatest sources of information.
:dunno:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
My Haynes manual says that the '96 year model didn't have a cabin air filter. Of course, Hayne's manuals aren't the greatest sources of information.
:dunno:
[/b]
1996 did indeed have a filter. At least mine did anyway.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My Mom's 99 SE Vulcan has it....maybe they just forgot to drop one in for your car :dunno:
[/quote]

I assumed that someone was in there messing around until I read that some of them didn't have them on here.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
[/b]
Depending on model year, your dealer, and the trim line you purchased, it did in fact vary (ie. some models had the cabin air filter as a dealer installed options).

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
My 97 GL had it, and you can't get much more base model than that (except for a G).
[/b]
Lucky. My 96 GL doesnt.

Part #'s anyone? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Well my 96 gl did have one.
wj

<div class='quotemain'>
My 97 GL had it, and you can't get much more base model than that (except for a G).
[/b]
Lucky. My 96 GL doesnt.

Part #'s anyone? :dunno:
[/b][/quote]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts