Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2007 Taurus. I recently replaced the cabin filter. It seems to be sitting right however since the replacement, I have had a leak when it rains/snow melts under the dash beneath the cabin filter. Recently I have notice wet spots on the drivers side as well. Could this leak be related to the cabin filter replacement?

·
Registered
23,812 Posts
Check the topic finder, wiki and search features at the top of this page. I stopped my pass. floorboard leak by siliconing around the ac evap drain on the pass. firewall. To access the wiki, click on: home or active topics at top of this page. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
8,863 Posts
I too had "the curse" on my 05. I used a few layers of duct tape to extend the rain hat (thing that covers the filter) out an inch or 2 on the left, right and front edges. No leaks since. Wifes 04 (exact same filter, rain hat, etc as the 05) never leaked a drop even after several filter replacements. Go figure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.