Discussion Starter #1
:dunno:
has any fill the need to change this filter :dunno:
im at 60,000 miles plus and was wondering

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
I bet it's nasty.

I pulled mine at 80k and it looked like I had a bird nest on the thing.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Mine had plenty of "nature" caked in it after 8 years, 110K...

The guy at the parts store called it the "forgotten filter".

Change it.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
I try to clean the 4 of ours once a year.
Remember, the air you breathe in the cabin comes thru this filter. :)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I try to clean the 4 of ours once a year.
Remember, the air you breathe in the cabin comes thru this filter. :)
[/b]
Don't cheap out either... One of mine only lasted 3 months and the paper started ripping... I went out and bought the frilliest one they sold with active carbon membrane and a whole bunch of other crap that takes out 100% of the dirt (they actually said 100%, not 99.9%!!!)

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
This is only about a years worth

Mike
B)

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
This reminds me that I need to pull mine out and clean it then spray some Lysol through the vents.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool :mj_banana:

can anybody explain to me on how to change it
or where it is located on my 2005 taurus

and the cost for a good one and what tools

plus does the air flowing increase out of the vents with a
new filter and not a nasty smell
cause when i run the a/c on max (recycle) it smells like a new car but when i run it on normal
it smells bad

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Cool :mj_banana:

can anybody explain to me on how to change it
or where it is located on my 2005 taurus

and the cost for a good one and what tools

plus does the air flowing increase out of the vents with a
new filter and not a nasty smell
cause when i run the a/c on max (recycle) it smells like a new car but when i run it on normal
it smells bad
[/b]
Having no filter gives you more air flow... Having a dirty filter gives you less flow than a clean filter.

·
Registered
402 Posts
How do you know if your Taurus even has a cabin air filter? :dunno: I wouldn't know if mine does or not. Where's it supposed to be located?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
All G4s have them.

Remember to check the topic feature GODFATHER: http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54467

But here's the thread you'll need: http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18212
[/b]
Make sure that when you put the plastic screws back in, you don't try to screw them down... They are just supposed to be "clipped" into the brackets. If you try to screw them down, the tops of the screws are just going to pop off the threads, and you'll be left with nothing to hold on the cowl! ONLY use a screwdriver to REMOVE them!

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
I wash mine... :ph34r:

Hose it down, soap it down, be gentle, let it dry, and good as new. Did that with my Contour, gotta do that with my Taurus. To hell with paying money for a filter :p

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Make sure that when you put the plastic screws back in, you don't try to screw them down... They are just supposed to be "clipped" into the brackets. If you try to screw them down, the tops of the screws are just going to pop off the threads, and you'll be left with nothing to hold on the cowl! ONLY use a screwdriver to REMOVE them!
[/b]
G4s don't have those plastic screws :)

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
And don't lose the clips on the G4 - they don't make them anymore.

All G3s, even if they didn't come with a cabin filter, have a space for one - any Taurus/Sable from '96-'07 takes the same filter.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
G4s don't have those plastic screws :)
[/b][/quote]

I was going to say that it was advice for all the G3 owners, but I noticed that this thread is nothing but G4 owners :blush: :ph34r:

Today I went to Canadian Tire to get some thicker weather stripping for my cowl, and when I was walking out, the guy parked next to me was installing a new cabin filter into his Jetta... Usually when I see people doing stuff in the parking lot, it's for emergency stuff, like putting coolant in your car, using tire seal in your tires... Not a cabin air filter?? Personally, I didn't get it...

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Well...he does save a roundtrip drive if it ends up not working properly :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts