Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has done this or seen it done with a shorter belt and different routing? Any input would be great thanks again.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I would not bypass power steering it will be a work out to steer.

You can bypass A/C but you need to retain the compressor or at least the housing as it is a structural member.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea you are definatly right about that. thanks for the help. I have read some of ur responses on some threads and was wondering if you might have any advice on the infamous lean front and rear bank code. Are the upper and lower intakes on the gen 2 3.0 3.2 bad about leaking hence the lean code? The code I am throwing is saying my o2 on the upstream and downstream are bad but would a leaky upper or lower intake cause this code? Also one more mind boggler for ya if ya dont mind. On the bottom side of the upper intake right behind the throttle body there are two vacume ports that are capped off is that factory? I am also wondering about the routing on the firewall vacume log if u have any knowlege on that? I cant seem to find any other posts that pertain to my motor/year? Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Well I would maybe consider swapping the O2 sensors.

The intake rarely leaks unless any work has been done and if then it would be the intake couplers as due to their age they can crack. You can check for vac leaks to confirm. If you need to replace them we have them here: V6 Intake Coupler Hoses

There are no vacuum ports that should be capped off unless you are talking about the ones with the hex screws in them. If so those are just casting paths for the EGR.

I have an idea on the firewall vacuum line:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where do the S/C lines run when they come off the "T"? I have one vacuum line that comes off the T and is black with a white stripe and the other side is a solid black vacume line. Where do they run in your pic?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea my diagram has some general routing but not from the vac log on the firewall plus mine has a 3.2 swap and he changed the shroud cover so I question if that is even right?I just cant for the life of me figure out where the two vacuum ports on the bottom side of the manifold right behind the butterfly are for and where they go to? The ports were capped by previous owner...

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
It sounds like the vac lines for the butterflies were capped? Some pictures or diagrams will help out a lot. I am not sure where you are talking about as there are no ports on the bottom.

Here's a picture on the back:

As for the S/C lines the one on the right goes to the fender here:

The other line goes into the evap canister or something like that. I would need to check.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts