Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
buzzing and humming from power steering pump not as noticable outside the car but can hear very well from inside .What can i use to quiet it i know fords pumps are noisy , but it buggs me can i use anything and is somthing going wrong ?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 99 duratec but it makes buzzing humming noise inside the car as well as it whones to as well as trans until it full warms up . then its not as noticeable is ther any condioner for power steering pump did a flush used the mercon v motorcraft trans and power steering fluid.

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
PS Noise

I have a 99 duratec but it makes buzzing humming noise inside the car as well as it whones to as well as trans until it full warms up . then its not as noticeable is ther any condioner for power steering pump did a flush used the mercon v motorcraft trans and power steering fluid.
Check to see if there is bubbles in the resevoir while running. If so, shut it off, suck the foaming fluid out, put fresh back in. Repeat until all foaming is gone. Any bubbles (foam) will recycle and make noise.

I just did a seal in a pump on '01. Rmembered the routine from some other post here and tried it. Worked great. I did not turn the steering wheel, just ran it, sucked the foam out replaced with fresh.

Good luck.

-chart-

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks i will try that i think when i used the turkey baster when it was overfilled i think it had those foamy bubbles .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts