Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I did a search and no answers. Do burned CD's play in the '98 SHO cd players? Mine sounds like it double takes on songs. I used adaptec and ez cd creator. Should I use something else or am I not doing something that I should be doing?

·
Registered
276 Posts
CD-Rs should definately play, I'm not sure about CD-RWs though. I used the same program to burn CDs as well.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I agree. CD-RW will most likely not play in that player. Some CD decks (even ones made now) have trouble with CD-Rs, but they are very few and far between. Its most likely a problem with how the CD was burned, if I had to guess. I always use Nero.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
CD-R's play in my 02 w/mach and 6 cd changer i use roxio for all my burning. CDRW will not play only really new decks like most 04 models will play cd-rw's and that is still limited. most new alpines play both

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That wierd, I finalized the cd and they are CDR's.I guess I will expierment with the cds. I'll try nero and see how that works. Thanks for the info :notworthy:

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Just make sure that you don't try to play MP3 discs. The stock CD players don' t have MP3 decoding unless they are from a more recent G4 Taurus.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts