Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang.

It's about time for another Thursday night dinner gathering. With easter coming up, and a lot of folks off for Good Friday (includng me), we might actually be able to have a good turnout, and not have to worry about work/school the next day. Plus, easter is coming up, and it's an excuse for everyone to hang out, before the family-oriented weekend.

Here's a new place I'd like y'all to try. It's deep down on the southwest side of Houston, kind of near the Stafford area. Actually, it's basically IN the Stafford area, but the food is WELL worth it. Ryan (who will be attending this time!) showed me this place one evening, and it was awesome.

Where: Tornado Burger. 505 FM 1092 Rd, Stafford, TX‎. If you're on 59 heading south, take the Murphy rd. exit. Turn left. Pass Hwy 90A, and it will be on your left. Google maps are your friend!

When: Thursday, April 9th, 2009. 7:45(ish) pm.

Why: Tornado Burger was voted Best Burger for the price in Houston. Umm...NOM NOM NOM!

Hope to see some of y'all there!

:ford: :merc: :****:

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
:emo: Gosh I can't wait to move south.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Houston Chronicle reviewed it.

Stafford...Houston...it's all details. I live further out than stafford, and I'm considered Houston.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I drove over 100 miles today, and hit 161,000 miles this morning. Driving to stafford is a light snack compared to my daily commute. I'll be driving there from across town tomorrow. Let's not get a case of "Rotb travel-o-phobia" people!

Rudy, you rock. I think you'll enjoy the burgers if you're able to make it out. :)

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^ Now that's a trooper right there!

p.s. I google mapped from west oaks mall to tornado burger. 13 miles. *YAWN* Get your booties to the burger shack, stat!

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Dont think i am going to make it! Eyes are killing me and i gots some major gas from the enchiladas my mom made last night! YAY for orange Bell pepper! Need less to say i am not to pleasent to be around and I think the guy in the cubie next to me is pissed! :dunno: wasnt me dude!

:rofl2:

:ford:

·
Registered
228 Posts
I would have gone but im a bit depressed cus my cars in the shop right now :(
I was rear ended last Friday. car aint too bad but it did push the bumper in slightly causing my trunk not to close. and the car wouldnt stay on afterwards so had to have it towed. I was told that usually happens when you get rear ended, it causes something with the fuel to get disconnected??
them burgers do sound deelish though so maybe next time

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dannng. That sucks, dude. :( The bump triggered the fuel cutoff switch. All you have to do is push a button to reset it. If they charge more than 10 cents to fix the "fuel issue", punch them in the face.

Steve, I did notice a green cloud hovering over west houston today. Must have been some serious enchiladas! And for once, the cloud wasn't coming from my room! :rofl2:

·
Registered
228 Posts
well that is good info for the future! but the total bill was 700 somthin dollars but dont know what they did yet, still waiting for the check from the ladies insurance so i can go pay and pick up my ride. but yeah i wish i woulda known cus i sat there like an hour and a half waiting for the damn tow truck!!

so how were the burgers, as good as they sound??

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I like candy. Not really, though, so if you get me candy I'll be mad,

I was making candy, that is why I didn't go :)

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
QUOTE (austex04 @ Apr 11 2009, 03:54 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=716892
I like Frans on S Congress, Huts, and Hills Cafe in Austin. Fran's and Dan's are my two fav's in Austin.[/b]

Fran's and Dan's are great for burgers that leave grease running down to your elbows. MmmMmmm. Hut's has awesome onion rings. Hill's is better now than it was when I was a kid.

I grew up just down the street from the Dan's at Manchaca and Ben White..... ate many a greasy burger there.

·
Registered
283 Posts
QUOTE (rudedog @ Apr 14 2009, 10:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=717625
MMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!! Dairy Queen tacos. That is all.[/b]

Rudy!!!!!(yea im still alive)..i didnt know DQ made tacos...hmm may have to check that on my way home from work. anyways you know that i'm in IA and money is short(plus there isnt alot of activity in the North that i can make it to) i am beginning to miss the South chapter..primarily th FB's :( maybe this summer if i can find the time we could make a meet in the D/FW area....im thinkin late summer bc im busy til mid freakin June. will post more later..now i should get some work done for once

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
10 Participants
sable_punk02
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing