Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just got this '04 Taurus SE and I'm looking to spruce it up a little. (You don't even want to know about the transmission issue I discovered the day after I bought it!)

Anyway, front and back bumpers are a bit dinged up, and when I was in the junkyard the other day looking for a windshield washer fluid line, I saw an '02 the same color that had immaculate bumpers. Is it a big deal to wrench those plastic bumpers off and make the switch, and do you think everything will line up between the '02 and my '04?

And while I'm at it, the car has chrome trim around the wheel wells, and the ones in back are a little banged up. Any idea where I can get new ones? I checked O'Reilly's and auto zone but they just have this cut-it-yourself trim that won't do the job. I'm including a photo so you can see what I'm talking about.

Thanks!

David

Attachments

·
Registered
572 Posts
Anyway, front and back bumpers are a bit dinged up, and when I was in the junkyard the other day looking for a windshield washer fluid line, I saw an '02 the same color that had immaculate bumpers. Is it a big deal to wrench those plastic bumpers off and make the switch, and do you think everything will line up between the '02 and my '04?
The rear bumper should fit as it is basically the same between the 2000 and 2007 model years.

The front bumper is shaped differently due to changes in the grill design, but should still physically fit. You will, however, have to switch out your current grill with one from a 2000-2003.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I got the front bumper off mine in about 45 minutes. Remove headlights. Remove topside bolts. Remove underside bolts. Remove bolts in the wheel well. There are also two bolts inside of the fender on each side.

I haven't attempted the rear yet, but I don't expect it to be drastically different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts