Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i recently went off the road and hit a tree and bent in the whole front end of my 1998 ford taurus se with the 3.0 dohc V6 i bent the bumper support into the radiator its bent real bad i also bent the piece that it is welded to ( i believe it is the subframe) is their any way to weld it back together? any ideas??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
QUOTE (rudedog @ May 19 2009, 12:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=726355
Radiator core support, the thing the radiator and A/C condensor bolt to, it goes across the front of the car vertically.

[/b]
yeah its welded these two rectangular metal pieces that jut out of the front of the car the rectangular metal pieces are bent as well but not to bad can i bend them back weld them and will it be good?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I found my $500 97 like this. Supposedly they rear ended a truck with a tow hitch at 35MPH
I'll post some pics shortly. My passenger side mounting bracket on my frame is bent and
torn alittle bit but i managed to get it re-aligned so that i could bolt a new bumper reinforcement
back on. A lady up the street got hit inside her passenger side fenderwell and it "ripped" that
metal mounting bracket off that side of the car. Tore it. I was thinking about getting some steel
and building a new bracket and welding it on for her. Luckilly yours had the 2nd generation airbags.
Else your bags would have deployed since the sensors on my 97 smacked into my condenser.
If you see ANY fiberglass cracks it is advised that you replace the headlight or radiator support or both
depending upon how bad the cracking / warpage is becaus if you don't you may not get your new
bumper to align right after you repair your mounting bracket and put a new bumper reinforcement on.
Mines still driving! :) :ford:

Oh yeah! Post some pics please!!!! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (outatyme @ May 19 2009, 01:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=726360
I found my $500 97 like this. Supposedly they rear ended a truck with a tow hitch at 35MPH
I'll post some pics shortly. My passenger side mounting bracket on my frame is bent and
torn alittle bit but i managed to get it re-aligned so that i could bolt a new bumper reinforcement
back on. A lady up the street got hit inside her passenger side fenderwell and it "ripped" that
metal mounting bracket off that side of the car. Tore it. I was thinking about getting some steel
and building a new bracket and welding it on for her. Luckilly yours had the 2nd generation airbags.
Else your bags would have deployed since the sensors on my 97 smacked into my condenser.
If you see ANY fiberglass cracks it is advised that you replace the headlight or radiator support or both
depending upon how bad the cracking / warpage is becaus if you don't you may not get your new
bumper to align right after you repair your mounting bracket and put a new bumper reinforcement on.
Mines still driving! :) :ford:

Oh yeah! Post some pics please!!!! :)[/b]
thank you both lol and now i need to get it running cause the kid next to me in class says his grand am can beat me hah ha blow me pontiac your not even in buissness anymore lol :ford:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Don't bash pontiacs. They're good cars, if you keep the trans maintained, but that can be said about a taurus too. However, unless he's got a GT, I don't think a grand am should pose a threat to a duratec.

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
Not to sound like a prude. But in today's economy, I think we should be proud of any car that is American made. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts