Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I am thinking of replacing my bumper cover with one thats not all messed up. My plan is to buy one at a Junk yard and throw it on. Is this a real pain in the butt to do? I noticed 2 screws in the wheel well but what about the rest of the cover?

Thanks!

M

·
0 Posts
naw james, that's easy, hey i'm doing mine soon too, we should get together and help each other out lol, we only live like a mile away from eachother :lol2:

good luck hun

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot to mention that I am talking about my rear bumper.

I checked out http://www.car-part.com and there was a good selection of diffrent colors for my Sable. If you guys look on this site, you should be able to find one that is the correct color.

Kim, That one on Mound Road in Detroit is MINE! hehe

M

·
0 Posts
hun, i'm talking about my rear bumper as well...it has a few scratches that i cannot get out for the life of me, and i wanted to just replace it...hey don't count on it hun!! lol I'm working on Van Dyke and 15 mile for the rest of the month so i could go get that piece tomorrow i wanted to! lol jk B)

::Edit:: i just realized that you said detriot, i guess i figured you said mound, that it was warren/utica area since i'm in sterling heights right now, sorry

M

·
0 Posts
btw thanks for that website, i think that i just found a part that i've been searching for high and low..THANK YOU! :D

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problem! That website is one of the most handy ones to know. I find all sorts of stuff there and its nice that you can get a price before coming out to the yard.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The front cover isn't held on by with much. There are 4 bolts and 2 nuts that hold it on if I remember right. You have to pull the headlights out to get to the 4 bolts and the nuts are the two you saw in the wheel well. I don't have pics so it's hard to explain, but you'll see when you get the headlights out.

I don't know about the rear. I only replaced my front.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts