Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have another bulldog model of that on my 88. I basically bought it cuz the rod inside my drivers door is bent from the previous owner who locked the keys in the car, and I didnt feel like walking around the car to open the power locks. The installation for the the door lock part is very, very simple. Basically you pick one of your front doors (I used mine in the passenger side), and you find the constant power going into your door lock switches and tap into that. Same with a ground. Then the door lock wire are cut, and this system is put in-line with the exsisting lines for lock, unlock. Took me and a friend 10 minutes to put in, most of the time was spent getting the door panel off and on. Mine doesnt have the starter thing....well, at least I dont think. I'm getting an alarm with remote start installed saturday, so I might take out my bulldog keyless entry and maybe sell it. Lemme know if you have any problems.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Bulldog is crap, yes, but only their alarms. I've had the keyless entry for 5 months now, and have no problems with it. Simple, and does the job. I've dropped the remote numerous times, and it still works. The keyless entry is good for the price, but the alarms.....no way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts