Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i am looking at buying a bulldog keyless entry system. i am mainly looking at this one:

Model KE100
One four button extended range remote transmitter
Keyless entry (lock and unlock factory door locks) onboard relays
Dedicated lock and unlock buttons
Output for starter immobilizer
Output for remote trunk release
Output for parking light confirmation
Remote programmable

it is a do it yourself kit, and was wondering if it is worth my time, and is this system worth the money, i have been unable to find any reviews on it. it should fit a 97 taurus gl, right?

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have another bulldog model of that on my 88. I basically bought it cuz the rod inside my drivers door is bent from the previous owner who locked the keys in the car, and I didnt feel like walking around the car to open the power locks. The installation for the the door lock part is very, very simple. Basically you pick one of your front doors (I used mine in the passenger side), and you find the constant power going into your door lock switches and tap into that. Same with a ground. Then the door lock wire are cut, and this system is put in-line with the exsisting lines for lock, unlock. Took me and a friend 10 minutes to put in, most of the time was spent getting the door panel off and on. Mine doesnt have the starter thing....well, at least I dont think. I'm getting an alarm with remote start installed saturday, so I might take out my bulldog keyless entry and maybe sell it. Lemme know if you have any problems.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by 12Volt_rep@Apr 9 2004, 07:35 AM
The most honest and short answer is this...CRAP!!!! Bulldog is the joke of the alarm industry and always has been.
if it is crap, what do you recommend instead of it that can be bought for $40 USD? where can i find this information about bulldog being "crap" as you call it. I also do not want or care for an alarm, I just want to open my car remotely by pressing a button. DEI does not have a similar product for that price, at circuit city a similar product is $90. I don't want to spend that much on a remote locks. they have a product that is $50 at circuit city, but it does not have remote locks, and with bulldog, i can at least install it myself.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Bulldog is crap, yes, but only their alarms. I've had the keyless entry for 5 months now, and have no problems with it. Simple, and does the job. I've dropped the remote numerous times, and it still works. The keyless entry is good for the price, but the alarms.....no way.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Originally posted by soloman02+Apr 9 2004, 08:29 AM-->QUOTE (soloman02 @ Apr 9 2004, 08:29 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-12Volt_rep
@Apr 9 2004, 07:35 AM
The most honest and short answer is this...CRAP!!!! Bulldog is the joke of the alarm industry and always has been.
if it is crap, what do you recommend instead of it that can be bought for $40 USD? I also do not want or care for an alarm, I just want to open my car remotely by pressing a button. DEI does not have a similar product for that price, at circuit city a similar product is $90. I don't want to spend that much on a remote locks. they have a product that is $50 at circuit city, but it does not have remote locks, and with bulldog, i can at least install it myself.[/b]

You asked a question and I gave you an answer. If you already have yourself sold on it then why ask if it is any good? And to answer your other question, you probably won't find anything worth having for $40.00. Why do people refuse to accept that you only get what you pay for? It is not that hard of a concept. I don't mean to be a prick to you, but it is the same thing every time someone ask this type of question here. "Is brand "A" any good????" I answer it honestly and people think I am talking out of my a** here. "where can i find this information about bulldog being "crap" as you call it" you asked me. Why do I need to support this industry fact? Now, I guess I should state this, as I do in most of these threads: I do not claim to know everything...but damn it I do know more than most, not all, people here about this stuff. It is my job to know. Look and see what other parts of TCCA I post in...none, because I know this crap more than any other topic.

I am sorry that you didn't like my answer. From now on I will not post in any thread like this, where someone is asking for an opinion. I guess if anyone wants my opinion on something they can PM me, otherwise I am keeping mine to myself. I am sorry for being an a**h***, maybe it is my mid 30's crisis coming on or something along those lines. Good luck with whatever you buy!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts