Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, figure I will share on here as well. The other day, as I was driving in a residential neighborhood, I came up to a stop sign. While I was stopped, a lady driving distracted in her F150 took a sharp left turn straight into me. I was planted on my brake, blasting the horn, and she plowed right into me. As I watched her turn, she was not even looking up! I am not hurt, my girlfriend is unharmed, and the bull, which is a TANK, has a battle scar. The F150 driver was ticketed and I am 100% not at fault. She had the audacity to blame it on me! She even took a picture to show where I was since she claimed I was in the intersection and was rolling. The officer told me her photo helped me because I was right where I should have been! :lol2:

Please be careful and do not drive distracted! Now I am getting me a new bumper B) I am surprised the damage is not worse. Hers was pretty bad, while mine being right on the nose only suffered some cracks, and is hanging a little low on the driver side from the roughly 15mph impact. I keep my stock grille and lights on for the winter for this reason, although there was no snow on the ground when this happened!!!!

·
Registered
672 Posts
That stinks....but, that is what insurance is for. Reminds me about 10 years ago, I was at a red light behind a truck, some girl runs the light going the other way, hits the truck, spins and is coming right at me, looked in my rearview,nothing,slam it in reverse,just get tagged in the grille. It is so wierd how fast you can react and how slow things seem to happen at the same time.

I am glad that nobody was injured....parts can be replaced. People....not so much.

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,998 Posts
Glad no one was hurt. And glad to see the reminder that Fords are tanks!

Both my accidents have been due to the other driver flat out not paying attention. Just be glad she had insurance.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I've been in a chain reaction years ago (in my first truck, which was a lowered Nissan Frontier) where someone a few cars ahead stopped suddenly to turn, the cars in front of me slammed on the brakes, I slammed on the brakes just in time to NOT hit the car in front of me, but unfortunately I got hit (not too hard and no damage as I had the bed off for repair) and I got pushed just enough to barely tap the rear bumper of the car in front of me, and I ended up with a "Following Too Close" ticket, even though I was several car lengths behind the car in front when the brakes were coming on, and stopped just in time and got pushed into that car.... sheesh! :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
Good to hear that noone was hurt and the damage looks minor so that's a good thing. Now it's getting her insurance company to pay to fix it........ cold have been worse though.

·
Registered
538 Posts
You got off easy. Last time my Taurus got hit, in a parking lot while I was working, the bumper flex broke paint off of an area about 6x8 and fractured it much farther.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Glad you and your girl are ok. Unfortunately we live in a society where evil people make terrible lapses in judgement and try to make you the bad guy. For the simple fact that she tried to pin her gross negligence on you I would contact the officer who wrote the ticket and I would show up in court and I would get my girl checked out to see if she's ok. I wouldn't want her working in discomfort. I had a hit and run immigrant driver who plowed into me and my girl in 1995. This person tried to hand me a $50 and say "no policia". I refused his money and he drove off left the scene. I got his license plate. I took my girl directly to the emergency room to make sure she was ok. I didn't feel the pain until I was at work 12 hours later. My insurance company recovered the hospital expenses. I never knew emergency rooms were that expensive until I saw the detailed price charts. The main thing is that your girls ok and the driver who tried to make you pay for her mistake is held accountable.

·
Registered
516 Posts
This person tried to hand me a $50 and say "no policia". I refused his money and he drove off left the scene.
That's when you say "IMMIGRATION!"

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
That's when you say "IMMIGRATION!"
When the guy said, "no policia". I was so mad :angry: I was beside myself. This is also a can of worms. I personally am not anti-immigrant. Very few of us have [Native] American heritage and if we do we're quibbling over meaning less fractional percentages of linage...another can of worms. I only wish people would do the right thing. If someone doesn't have a license and insurance they should never get behind the wheel of an automobile. The same thing if the car isn't functional or if they are physically impaired. It's that simple. If someone knowingly caused an accident they do the right thing immediately. Anyway Im just glad our friend TaurusDailyDriver and his girlfriend are ok & that F150 didn't do more damage than it did.

·
Registered
516 Posts
At least you got his tag number. Did they ever catch him?

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Always thankful when no one is hurt. With a five star front rating the Tauri can take a good direct frontal. At what speed would an airbag go off? 20MPH and above and the right place?

From the minor damage pics it would take a lot more maybe 3 or 4 inches to activate the switch. Just a side thought as it is not unusual to see a salvage Taurus with good frontal damage and one or two airbags not deployed. Makes me wonder about accuracy or reliability.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
At least you got his tag number. Did they ever catch him?
I'm actually unsure. The police got the owner, my insurance company went after him for damages. That's all I know. This happened in 1995 while I was working 2 jobs and going to college fulltime. I was just happy the owner got to take responsibility.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts