Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
125,000 miles and no problems at all. Except for the exhaust valve that bent because my parents didnt get the coolant recall.
Other than that, original everything other than the spark plugs (maintenance), 1 oxygen sensor (maintenance, forgot how much it was, but it was cheap), and a DPFE sensor (maintenance, $60). Runs like new.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Plenty of problems, but nothing bad enough to destroy my car
The AC blew out around 70k, was "fixed," then blew out again around 105k because the bungholes before didn't fix it right. Other than that, all the major problems (omg vacuum leak!) were fixed by me in our drive way

X

·
0 Posts
pppffffftttt.....I've replaced nothing but the normal wear items and this car runs like new

J

·
0 Posts
Ford 0wnz! That's all I have to say - 17k rough miles in 5 months (me running it hard) and not a single issue (other than me sliding into a curb, but that doesn't count - the stealership got me back up and running pretty quick!)

·
Registered
40 Posts
well the only real problem ive had with mine was the brakes, a couple of times, the first itme it was the rear and costed about 250 bucks to get everything done, needed new actuators and all that. but, about 5-6 months later, the front calipers went to crap and locked in place, destroying the rotors, transfering all the braking power to the rear and doing the same to it. Costed 900 dollars to get pretty much my entire brake system rebuilt.and everything replaced. Other than that, its just a ton of small things, the door light stays on, the rear right door doesnt open from the inside, panels kinda coming off.. but there are soo many lil things that just make u wanna scream when they all come together

M

·
0 Posts
Lets see, regardless of all the things that i've done to my, i'm deciding not to get rid of it...mine's a 98 sable, with 160k, orginal engine & tranny (patiently waiting for it to crap out, but it's still going strong) i've only done regular maintence with my car, replaced the turn signal switch the 2nd day i had it, replaced the EGR valve and senor, fuel pump, cats will be next along with shocks and struts. I've probably put over 1500 dollars in a car that i spend 5000 on....and i'm keeping him forever...I LOVE MY SABLE

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Really all thats wrong with my car is the body, but I did that myself.

Regular maintenence is the only thing thats been done, 84k miles, (got it at about 72K miles in August for my birthday) and then this rubber seal came lose and got my babe out of commission for 6 weeks, until i finally got tired of not haviung a car and fixed it myself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts