Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The old girl has found a new home. The "Apple Crate" as Mom calls it now provides service for some one else.

Owned it for 1 year. Purchased from craigslist.org for $750, non-running, with the intention of turning into Taurailer. Dad convinced me otherwise, so I spent about $100 and repaired the failed headgasket. To my surprise, it was actually still a pretty good car. While working on the brakes, I discovered some serious rust along the rockers. A friend helped me repair the missing rockers for $200. My parents took several overnight trips across Texas in the summer with no mechanical problems, great gas mileage, and ice cold A/C. One night while driving along a dark stretch of rural Texas highway, Mom clipped a deer on the right front. The door was caved in and Dad was showered with shattered glass. Other than cosmetic damage, the wagon continued to troop along.

My first (and probably last) Vulcan. Good experience, surprised with it's durability, and the wagon's practicality. I reminded the new owner, if this car should finally die, or it meets it's match with another deer, I'll take it back... and finally build Taurailer. Overall, I had about $1500 total invested in the car. Sold it for $500.

PS - Rudy, I still have your water pump. I'll happily return it, or make the same amazing offer you made me to the rest of the club. Lemme know.

:bunny:

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Amazing ride you had there, Luke!! Nah, I don't think I'll need that pump back, if you get someone that needs it before I do, make the deal. Hell, you never know if you'll ever get another vulcan..............................

·
Registered
283 Posts
that would be cool to have a tuarailer. i saw a photo of a german guy with a passat wagon towing aonther identical wagon. he basically cut the front off closed it up and tinted the windows it look cool( it was well done) no inside shot so i guess the dash and all the seats and that stuff come out but it looks SWEET.

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Luke, you definitely need to get another one and follow through with the taurailer

that would be cool to have a tuarailer. i saw a photo of a german guy with a passat wagon towing aonther identical wagon. he basically cut the front off closed it up and tinted the windows it look cool( it was well done) no inside shot so i guess the dash and all the seats and that stuff come out but it looks SWEET. [/b]

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Luke, you definitely need to get another one and follow through with the taurailer

[/b]

This is actually where I got the idea. I'm glad you posted these pics. I've been looking for them for a long time, but I was thinking it was a Volvo.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
That is wicked cool :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts