Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Forum,

I have a fairly strange issue w my 96 taurus. When i first start it in the morning and put it in reverse the car bucks for a few seconds. eventially it stops and i dont have the issue when driving or anything else. It's been doing this for a while. the RPMs go up and down w the bucking so it seems like it has something to do with when the transmission is engaged.

Not really freaking out about it but was just interested in what it might be.

Thx forum!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good suggestion.

I ran thru the harness best i could w the engine idle and didn;t have it cut or buck or anything. I'll be checking it again just to be safe. Anything else you could think it to be?

Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i did plugs not too long ago. Does need an oil change tho.

I'd be lying if I said I have been keeping up on this car. I been working on my Dakota a lot lately. I need to start doing some work on this car now that i have the truck in pretty good shape.

I havnt done wires or that sort of thing. The plugs were done about 6 months ago roughly.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Resistor core wires tend to hold up until disturbed-like when the plugs are changed. You may want to consider changing the wires. Did the problem start when you changed the plugs?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
honestly it's been doing it for quite while. far before when the plugs were done. I've notice it seems to be happening more recently but i cant think of anything that changed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It would be good to know if it does the same thing in Drive as it does in Reverse.
Good call. i can so far say that it doesnt do it in drive, but it seems to only happen when the car is cold, first start of the day. I always back out of the driveway and by the time im done backing out its long done :-O

Also it hasn't happened in over a week now. It's way strange!

I'll update as I have info!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts