Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i brought it in today and i was hoping it would act up for them so they can fix it and it did. they are saying that it is getting too much fuel. The computer for some odd reason is telling it too dump more fuel in there. Most people say there is a vacuum leak somewhere and they did a check for that using some kind of smoke and everything checks. The Cat Converter is not plugged either. I just wonder what they are going to find. Seems weird to me.

Has anyone every had a taurus with a bad wiring harness Making the car do some weird stuff?

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Hey gtx2000
Curious about one thing...
You mentioned a few posts ago that you replaced the coolant sensor, I'm wondering if that was the coolant sensor for the gauge and possibly the "other" coolant/temp sensor for the computer is acting up.
If so, the computer could think the engine is always cold and will feed it a rich mixture.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced the coolent temp sensor on top of the manifold the gauge sensor it on the side of the manifold on the t connector.

I had the 02 sensor replaced and it still thinks it is lean for some unknown reason

B

·
0 Posts
Either the O2 harness is faulty, or there's a vacuum leak somewhere. If the car's getting too much fuel, and still reading a lean code, chances are it's a vacuum leak. Although they said they couldn't find one, this car's really got me puzzled (I'm sure you can think of a better word, since it's your car
).

Let us know what happens!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts