Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, having some problems. Stumbling and stuttering under exceleration. Get around 3000 rpm seems to take off,although at 4000 rpm seems to surge. Rough idle at times. Trans shifting harder than normal, also cant seem to make up its mind what gear it wants to be in. Got told it needs a "tune up" by the mechanic. ??
New wires, plugs , clean mass air,and flush injectors. 112$ to diagnoss. Bill would have ran 800$ told em I think they are full of.........
No repairs done yet. They claim a plug wire is arcing.
What do you all think?
Oh. 02 with duratec 44thousand miles.
Any ideas or suggestions??

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Is the check engine light on? If so have you checked what code(s) it's giving?

J

·
0 Posts
Isn't your car still under warranty? I would just take it to the stealership and make them fix it for free. :) If it's not under warranty, see if you can buy the Extended Service Plan, them make them fix it. Then you'll be covered for up to 100k miles if anything else happens. Sorry I can't be of more assistance. Moving to maintenance and repair...

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Like snakeeyes said, if it's still under warranty then take to to the stealership and have them diagnose and fix it. If it's not and you don't want to purchase the extended warranty then go to Autozone and have them read the check engine lights codes, they will do it for free. Hopefully your mechanic didn't clear them already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts