Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's this harder kind of plastic vac line that goes from what I think is the canister purge solenoid to something on the upper part of the firewall driver side that has a hose to the intake manifold, and a hose to the intake before the TB, and another hose that goes somewhere.

This vac line is shattered in many places.

What does it do?

·
Don't Be Stupid
7,049 Posts
it provides vacuum, duhhh. [/b]
].........................................

You're my idol

You're the smartass I always wanted to be......

I'm serious ;)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What for though? EVAP purge solenoid is electric. Didn't help with the unable to refuel problem.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, black. But it has the same style connectors the red and green ones do.

·
Premium Member
14,124 Posts
The larger hard plastic line provides vacuum for the heater/AC and there is also a vacuum tank in the fender that comes off the same tee at the end of that hose.

·
Registered
712 Posts
What for though? EVAP purge solenoid is electric. Didn't help with the unable to refuel problem.
[/b]

The solenoid is electric but it takes the vacuum signal from the manifold to control the purge valve. The signal tells the solenoid the load condition of the engine allowing or preventing purge gases from entering the manifold. EG - low/no vacuum signal would indicate WOT and the solenoid would close the valve, High vacuum signal would indicate engine at idle and the solenoid would open the valve...etc.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

The solenoid is electric but it takes the vacuum signal from the manifold to control the purge valve. The signal tells the solenoid the load condition of the engine allowing or preventing purge gases from entering the manifold. EG - low/no vacuum signal would indicate WOT and the solenoid would close the valve, High vacuum signal would indicate engine at idle and the solenoid would open the valve...etc.
[/b][/quote]
Ummm.... no. The solenoid is turned on and off electrically by the PCM, and the vacuum supply is for actually opening and closing the valve. The solenoid just turns on and off to let the vacuum open the valve - it doesn't measure the vacuum. The purge solenoid is a PCM output only, not an input, so it provides no feedback signal to the PCM at all - it only responds to the signal the PCM sends to it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts