Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my bull in 2008 and it needed a lot of work sense 2008 - 2010 it has been a great car but i noticed my rear of the car keeps sagging so i removed the rear wheels and noticed i have broken springs and i am thinking of rebuilding the rear suspension system but before i do so i need help well advice ill tell you what i do with the car i just started hauling a pop up camper and i need the extra stiffness in the rear i have a pic of what i am talking about.

http://yfrog.com/g01007902j

·
Registered
148 Posts
Moog CC859. It is listed for gen 1/2 rear but it fits gen 3/4 and I installed and tested them myself on my 04 as a proof of concept. It is a progressive rate cargo coil and it will make the firmness and load carrying far higher than any stock replacement type spring. As you load the car down further, the progressive coils start to touch which makes the spring rate higher to prevent squatting.

None of the replacement springs that come on a quick strut will be any stiffer than the super weak 100 lb/inch stock gen 3/4 rear springs.

QUOTE (hydetherat @ Jun 1 2010, 05:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808455
i got my bull in 2008 and it needed a lot of work sense 2008 - 2010 it has been a great car but i noticed my rear of the car keeps sagging so i removed the rear wheels and noticed i have broken springs and i am thinking of rebuilding the rear suspension system but before i do so i need help well advice ill tell you what i do with the car i just started hauling a pop up camper and i need the extra stiffness in the rear i have a pic of what i am talking about.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/b]

·
Registered
562 Posts
Moog CC859. It is listed for gen 1/2 rear but it fits gen 3/4 and I installed and tested them myself on my 04 as a proof of concept. It is a progressive rate cargo coil and it will make the firmness and load carrying far higher than any stock replacement type spring. As you load the car down further, the progressive coils start to touch which makes the spring rate higher to prevent squatting.

None of the replacement springs that come on a quick strut will be any stiffer than the super weak 100 lb/inch stock gen 3/4 rear springs.

QUOTE (hydetherat @ Jun 1 2010, 05:20 PM)

+1 to what he said! They are also much thicker steel so hopefully won't sag/rust/break as easily as OEM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts