Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys when i installed my new cd player while ago i mustve messed up the left side clip, when i popped it out to do my jensen screen install the pieces shot into like 4 different pieces, the piece im talking about is the plastic clips (2 of them one on each side) that were on the factory radio, that you had to put on the aftermarket kit, that you put the "U" pins through...

anyways so my right one is still ok, but locked in the left side of the screen is out an inch and loose because it has nothing to lock it in and the screen is obviously pointed to the right.

my problem is i dont know what the damn little clip is called and google search turned up nothing but dash kit threads. Somone HELP!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I broke both clips on my radio trying to extract it. Even using the DIN removal tools it didn't budge. So I broke em and put two screws through either side of the radio.

Looks fine because I also have a wood grain kit installed which covers the screws :p

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can you put up a pic please? im not really sure what you mean? you screwed through the plastic?

and id really like to avoiid that but it might be an option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts