Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I have a 2013 Ford Taurus Limited 3.5L that has, what I was told, a broken sensor. I went by Tire Discounters because it was the only place open, and the guy said it was a sensor that controls the air intake. The piece broke off at the connection to the air filter housing. I was hoping to get confirmation on what this part is and if anyone has experienced this and how they fixed it? It appears to actually be part of the air filter housing and not something I can just pull off and replace. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior

·
Super Moderator
8,722 Posts
Tire place has zero idea what they are talking about. That is NOT a sensor. Sensors have wires going to them. Looks like the PCV "fresh air from the intake" line to me.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think it is possible you misunderstood the people at the tire shop. That looks like a hose, not a sensor. Can you actually see that something is broken? You may have to post a better photo of the broken part. The hose itself is replaceable. Seems like GATES EMH278 or Ford BB5Z6758A is the part, though I would not rush to change the hose before you confirm the issue.

The hose you circled in red is probably generally considered to be a 'valve cover breather' hose, though it is under 'PCV' hose in catalogs, which is a bit confusing,

You can check rockauto under Ford>2013>taurus>3.5l>Exhaust & Emissions>Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) Hose

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That could be a possibility. I am not the best with engines and this is not something I have ever encountered before. I will check that part out, but here are some hopefully better pictures of the issue:
White Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Vehicle Automotive design Car Luggage and bags Bag

·
Administrator
15,301 Posts
^+1
The port appears to be snapped off the engine air intake duct/hose/tube (I've seen Ford call it all three). You can source it at a dealer, parts yard or get the Dorman 696133 from a parts store or rockauto.com.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts