Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really, all I want now is a part number. Of course, the dealer was no help and had no clue what part was needed.

The car is a 2000 FFV and, apparently, a California emission system; the screwy one with something like three separate EGR valves. The EGR pipe branches off into two separate lines, which is all I can see.

Anyone know what part I need? And if so, can I get a part number?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just do an EGR delete in the mean time. You're going to have to go to the junkyards I think - I couldn't find any new ones for sale. It will have to be a Gen IV tube, the pre 2000 tubes are different.

Or pay a shop to weld yours back up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Super Moderator
8,587 Posts
You dont have 3 EGR valves, just 1...... the 2 smaller pipes that branch off the EGR tube go to the DPFE sensor.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I looked at a couple different catalogs - they all come back with 9D477 - so, if your repair doesn't work out and you have to go back to the dealer - give them the specs on the car and tell them you need the "EGR Tube 9D477".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You dont have 3 EGR valves, just 1...... the 2 smaller pipes that branch off the EGR tube go to the DPFE sensor.
Yes, there are indeed three EGR valves; as I type this message, I am looking at all three of them. One bolted on to the front exhaust manifold and two on the rear; one near the upper right of the upper intake and another about six inches below it. I'm not asking about the two small pipes that branch off; I know those go to the DPFE sensor. The full-size pipe coming out of the exhaust manifold branches off into a Y of two separate full-size pipes, beyond which can't be seen unless the upper intake is removed.

I looked at a couple different catalogs - they all come back with 9D477 - so, if your repair doesn't work out and you have to go back to the dealer - give them the specs on the car and tell them you need the "EGR Tube 9D477".
I looked it up. Not the right one.

·
Super Moderator
8,587 Posts
You DO NOT have 3 EGR valves!!!!!!! No engine from any manufacturer has ever had 3 EGR valves. You must be missidentifing some parts. Post a pic of the 3 things you are calling EGR valves.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Really, all I want now is a part number. Of course, the dealer was no help and had no clue what part was needed.

The car is a 2000 FFV and, apparently, a California emission system; the screwy one with something like three separate EGR valves. The EGR pipe branches off into two separate lines, which is all I can see.

Anyone know what part I need? And if so, can I get a part number?

Same problem here. I can't find one, nor can I find anyone to weld it. This is crazy

·
Registered
196 Posts
Just googled around to find this odd-looking EGR line and found this on eBay:

Not really cheap at $90 (an ordinary EGR line at Rockauto is $48). It says the part number is YF1Z-9B448-JB.

It is worth remembering what happened to this pipe. The problem is that it connects two points that are physically close but mechanically far apart. From the lower left of the picture: attached to the exhaust manifold, the cylinder head, the block, the lower intake manifold, the upper intake manifold, the EGR valve and back to the pipe. Each and every play in each connection adds up. So if you have all intermediate parts tightly bolted and THEN tighten the flange nuts of the pipe, you hear a loud "bang" and the pipe breaks. Just guessed it: I speak from my own experience.

So if you install this EGR pipe, you should use up all the play you have in the upper intake manifold, the EGR valve and the flange nuts and slowly and carefully tighten each of them until everything is tightened.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts