Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My antenna seems like it is disconnected from the antenna motor because every time I turn on my radio, I can hear the antenna motor but the antenna doesn't go up or down. How do I fix this?

What I have done is manually pushed the antenna down to the last stage, so it's only sticking up about 8 inches from the car. I didn't want it up all the time.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
The plastic bead linkage inside the antenna is broken. You can get a repair kit and it will come with instructions.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (SHOZ123 @ Jul 4 2009, 10:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=736903
The plastic bead linkage inside the antenna is broken. You can get a repair kit and it will come with instructions.[/b]

This is the only possible problem? I looked on Autozone.com and couldn't find a repair kit, can you show me an example or something? What is included in the kit and how much do they usually cost?

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (SHOZ123 @ Jul 4 2009, 12:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=736930
They aren't expensive. Probably a Ford part. I suppose your antenna could be possessed and you need an exorcism. :)

Last time I got one it was about $25 IIRC and 8 years ago. If the part at www.FastPartsNetwork.com called the antenna mast is correct it is now $60. I replaced mine with a manual antenna base.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...playCatalogid=0[/b]

OK thanks for your help. One more thing, is there any way to get my antenna to go all the way down so it isn't sticking up from the antenna base?

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,404 Posts
My suggestion is to first take apart the motor housing to remove all of the broken linkage pieces. then reassemble the unit. and have someone turn off the radio while holding the replacement and the new antennae will draw down inside.

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (Blackhawk0160 @ Jul 4 2009, 12:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=736937
QUOTE (SHOZ123 @ Jul 4 2009, 12:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=736930
They aren't expensive. Probably a Ford part. I suppose your antenna could be possessed and you need an exorcism. :)

Last time I got one it was about $25 IIRC and 8 years ago. If the part at www.FastPartsNetwork.com called the antenna mast is correct it is now $60. I replaced mine with a manual antenna base.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...playCatalogid=0[/b]

OK thanks for your help. One more thing, is there any way to get my antenna to go all the way down so it isn't sticking up from the antenna base?
[/b][/quote]

still wondering

1 - 9 of 9 Posts