Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, My moms car threw a code the other night and started stumbling. I popped the hood and noticed the line I have circled, broke right at the boot. The top part which is connected to the intake boot is broke also. I was wondering if someone can tell me the exact name of that line so I can track one down...Also I am assuming the ribbed piece is just an "intake boot"?

2000 Sable with a duratec.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
You can get a new boot from AutoZone. It's like 6 bucks or something in the Dorman Help section. I forget the name, something like PCV elbow for a late 90s F150?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so that boot on the front side of the motor is the same as the PCV? thats easy enough then. What about the air intake hose? (boot?). that goes between the airbox and the throttle body. Where the line connects into that is broke too. (this all was noticed after a walmart oil and air filter change) Do they stock those at autozone and kragen? I couldnt find it on their website. TY for the help guys.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts

·
Registered
23,581 Posts
You can rig up everything you need from the Help! section at most auto parts stores. Advance auto and oreilly seem to have larger Help! sections with a wider selection than autozone. My local adv. auto has 2 Help! sections. Iirc, napa carries about the same dorman products labeled balkamp. If the parts you need are not in stock at these stores, they can usually order them for you. Good luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Elbow: http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/82-...9-4th-gen-duratec-valve-cover-vent-elbow.html

Which connection point busted...the cylinder shape piece of rubber or the plastic connector with teh 90 degree elbow that goes into the intake?

Its hard to tell, but if yo u look closely, I can see where there was a piece that came out of the boot that went OVER that line. It looks like that was broke off and now the line just kinda slides inside of it barely. Hard to explain lol. We are off to autozone right now. But we needed that boot also so that is a start.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok we got the boot and the short piece of hose that connects the air intake boot to that hard line.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
both of my vent tubes were broken and my car never stumbled at all. if it continues stumbling i would bet that the coil pcks are cracked. its pretty common. you can get a set of 6 motorcraft ones off ebay for a much better deal than at autoparts stores

1 - 8 of 8 Posts