Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i want to put some bright lights on my car, not sure which brand will be the most brightest, i have GE ones now, but feel like they are not bright enough...
....if you guys have any sugesstions please let me know. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Sylvania Silverstars are excellent and require no modifications. Look for a thread called something like "bright white lights" in the archives. Or just do a quick search using the word Silverstars. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
just curious. are the silver stars.. any good at night when it RAINS.

I sometimes feel that the headlights are not workin at all when it rains pretty heavy.??

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
i swear i just posted this picture but... here you go...here are a pic of my silverstars...

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Now are you running on the same harness, Afi? I remember seeing your thread, but I don't remember you mentioning what harness you had on the T.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
I was looking at the Haynes manual and it says to take the whole assy out to change headlights. I looked at the car and from what I can see there is a bolt and a couple of clips that I can see. Is this what you do to change out the Gen IV?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
gettting the whole headlight in a GEN 3 is so much easy

OK, nobody answered my question.

just curious. are the silver stars.. any good at night when it RAINS.

I sometimes feel that the headlights are not workin at all when it rains pretty heavy.?? feel ike there are no headling on my car...

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
Yes, the silverstars do work in the rain... they have little umbrellas that pop up.

The reason it seems like lights are dimmer in the rain is because the water reflects the heck out of the light so it doesn't go stright forward like normal. also water tends to make things darker in color, and dark colors don't reflect light as much as bright colors.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Originally posted by Ryne@Dec 11 2003, 06:16 PM
Yes, the silverstars do work in the rain... they have little umbrellas that pop up.

The reason it seems like lights are dimmer in the rain is because the water reflects the heck out of the light so it doesn't go stright forward like normal. also water tends to make things darker in color, and dark colors don't reflect light as much as bright colors.
Volvos have headlight-wipers.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by Majisto@Dec 11 2003, 03:28 PM
Now are you running on the same harness, Afi? I remember seeing your thread, but I don't remember you mentioning what harness you had on the T.
I just plugged the silverstars into the existing OEM harness that the old bulbs were plugged into...didnt take more then 10 minutes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts