Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm at the point where my engine sensors are failing, at 128k miles.

Which part source would you recommend going with Motorcraft parts?
versus BWD from Advance Auto Parts or Duralast from autozone?

I've read a few forum posts mentioning a Motorcraft PCV valve over the other ones...

At the moment, I'm needing to replace the DPFE (old one melted) and the IAC.
Suggestions?

·
Registered
833 Posts
I've been buying parts from amazon.com because of price and free shipping. I don't know if motorcraft iacs or dpfe are available there but it's worth checking out. Or you can get a duralast part for wicked cheap and might fail prematurely, but the upside is a lifetime warranty on alot of their parts, btw duralast is autozone, not advanced. Or you can find out who actually makes the part for motorcraft, see if there is another name on the original part, ie bosch.

·
Registered
23,349 Posts
Ive had good luck with bwd from oreilly or adv. auto. I shy away from the duralast (prob. wells) sensors from az. Multiple bad past experiences. I would prefer mc if readily available and comparably priced and warrantied, but im not about to pedal my carcass to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
I'll add my 2¢. While you may choose any retailer to select your parts I would recommend sticking with Motorcraft as part replacement to keep your sanity.

Not all knock off parts work or play well with the Ford design. Furthermore with Motorcraft your are almost guaranteed the quality and correct specifications within allowable tolerances.

Monsoon

·
Registered
374 Posts
You guys do realize that Motorcraft is just a brand name and there is no actual manufacturing plant where Motorcraft parts are produced, right? BWD/Beru manufacturers the majority of Motorcraft parts.

So whether you buy it in a BWD box or pay more for the Motorcraft box, you get the same part, from the same factory. :lol2:

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
You guys do realize that Motorcraft is just a brand name and there is no actual manufacturing plant where Motorcraft parts are produced, right? BWD/Beru manufacturers the majority of Motorcraft parts.

So whether you buy it in a BWD box or pay more for the Motorcraft box, you get the same part, from the same factory. :lol2:
Your focus may be manufacturing - mine is design and specification. As long as X manufactures, designs to the correct Motorcraft requirements they can make these parts on the moon for all I care.

Poorly designed parts will evently fail. And I think all of have seen good exmaples of this.

Monsoon

·
Registered
374 Posts
Your focus may be manufacturing - mine is design and specification. As long as X manufactures, designs to the correct Motorcraft requirements they can make these parts on the moon for all I care.

Poorly designed parts will evently fail. And I think all of have seen good exmaples of this.

Monsoon
But the OPs question is to compare BWD to Motorcraft, to which they are the same part, same design, same specification, probably put in the box by the same person, yet there is a price and warranty difference.

All BWD/Beru-made Motorcraft parts will be OE design and OE specification, but, in terms of the DPFE, we all know Ford's design and specification wasn't the best. BWD/Beru is allowed to make design changes that address faults that Ford won't, unless a recall is involved.

So when you buy BWD, you are getting Motorcraft's OE design and OE specification, but improved upon, because BWD spends tons of money in R&D of not only new products, but also old products to find ways to improve.

My advice, buy BWD. Lifetime warranty, OE or better design from the OE manufacturer.

·
Registered
23,349 Posts
FTW!!! Its BWD for me, lol!!! On a serious note, adv. auto usually gives a 1yr. warr. on their bwd products whereas oreilly normally offers a lifetime warr. on bwd for a little higher price.

·
Registered
374 Posts
FTW!!! Its BWD for me, lol!!! On a serious note, adv. auto usually gives a 1yr. warr. on their bwd products whereas oreilly normally offers a lifetime warr. on bwd for a little higher price.
BWD sells their Premium line and Z-Series line. For Advance, the Z-Series is their "top line", to which BWD only offers the 1 year warranty. For O'Reillys, the Premium line is their "top line", to which BWD offers their lifetime warranty. Also as a side note, O'Reillys' MasterPro ignition line is the BWD Z-Series, again, 1 year warranty offered.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts