Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Gen 2 Sable and am having serious braking issues. Well to start off I blew the driver rear Bake line and replaced it. now only my driver rear and passenger front lock up. My pedel also goes to the floor and I hear a "woosh " when pressing the brakes coming from the dash. Any Ideas what could be the cause? the brakes have been bled

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Well, this may be a silly question, but did you bleed just the drivers rear ?? You need to remember, the taurus has a cross braking system. Right rear and left front are one system, left rear and right front are the second system. So, to get all the air out, you need to bleed the drivers rear and the passenger front, then your brakes may work right.
I'm not sure your master cyl or booster are a problem because the other 2 wheels are working fine.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Second piston in the master cyl, controlling LF and RR brakes may be bottomed out, stuck on the rust/corrosion that forms beyond normal piston travel. This would cause those wheels not to apply correctly.

The whoosh suggests a bad valve or diaphragm in the booster unit, or it's being hyper-extended, as would be possible if the master cyl problem is present.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.