Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Taurus SE sedan. When the brake pedal is pressed to begin the car slow down, there is a vibration felt within the brake pedal. As the car slows down more, the vibration goes away. I recently replaced the rear drum brakes. Could that have anything to do with the vibration? Other things to check or is this normal? Thanks/

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you thoroughly clean the hub mating surfaces?
Did you thoroughly clean the hub mating surfaces?
I feel like that I did a good job of cleaning everything. I've heard that sometimes even new drums need turning even though they are new. True?

I did not check the front brakes yet ,could that possibly have anything to do with the vibration/pulsing?

·
Administrator
15,112 Posts
Certainly bad parts are hardly unheard of, I'm just going down the common culprit checklist.
I locked in on the rears because you said you had just done them. Was the pulsing/vibration there before you did the rear brakes?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Certainly bad parts are hardly unheard of, I'm just going down the common culprit checklist.
I locked in on the rears because you said you had just done them. Was the pulsing/vibration there before you did the rear brakes?
I didn't notice the pulsing/vibrating before.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The front pads and rotors were replaced on 6/16 and have about 30,000 miles on them. I know there is no firm answer to this question but "about" how many miles should you expect to get out of pads and rotors before needing to replace again?

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
I had a out of round rear drum that I purchased from Advance Auto Parts. Weaver brand I believe. I noticed it to be more violent of a grab/pulse than a warped from rotor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts