Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son pulled into our driveway and I happened to glance at his front disc brakes. Felt very warm. I flicked a drop of water on them and the water immediately sizzled. I drove my chevy truck around the block and did the same thing. My brakes seemed just as hot as his. Is this normal or are both my vehicles in need of brake work? I know that discs rub a little anyway but it seems too hot. The pads still have life left to them. And it stops well and straight.
Thanks for any help.

ED

·
Registered
38 Posts
My son pulled into our driveway and I happened to glance at his front disc brakes. Felt very warm. I flicked a drop of water on them and the water immediately sizzled. I drove my chevy truck around the block and did the same thing. My brakes seemed just as hot as his. Is this normal or are both my vehicles in need of brake work? I know that discs rub a little anyway but it seems too hot. The pads still have life left to them. And it stops well and straight.
Thanks for any help.

ED
[/b]
heat is a byproduct of the friction used to slow the car down. so yes its normal for disc brakes to be hot.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Good thing you checked with water...I know 2 people who touched them and sizzled off there fingerprints for a couple months :blink: They both said common sense got the best of them...thats a hard lesson tho

1 - 3 of 3 Posts