Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Playing around with my son's 1999 se DOHC. Cruise control has not worked for ever. Tried the selftest and the light on the dash doesn't even come on. Looked up the wiring and it shows two switches, one to turn on the rear brake ights (they work fine) and another switch that disengages the cruise control. Where is this second switch or is it incorporated into the other switch? I know where that one is. Thanks.

Ed

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
It's just one switch. Maybe is the clock spring associated with the "ON" button.
Or... is the horn working? Same fuse - #19.

·
Registered
482 Posts
If the horn works and the fuse is okay, I'd check the actual cruise control parts under the hood to make sure its all connected. Look at the throttle body and there should be 2 cables. 1 goes to the accelerator pedal, the other goes to a 6inch box under the hood which is the cruise control box. That could be the issue, but switches sound more likely. I'm betting the cruise control switches that are in the steering wheel. You can get them at Rockauto for like $100.

·
Premium Member
7,538 Posts
If the light didn't even flash, then I would think you either have defective buttons (or a clock spring). Also check the cruise control fuse (#6).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts