Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced my front brake pads...I couldn't afford rotors at the time so I just put on the pads, the rotors were quite worn. I got new rotors today. My question is...should I put new pads on, along with the new rotors,... :dunno: or wait 'til I need new pads again. The existing pads ( I haven't looked at yet ) are about 6 maybe 7 months old.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Just put the front rotors on, and you're good. The Topic Finder has a writeup on 'seasoning' new rotors, just do that and you're all set.

·
Registered
437 Posts
;) Yay , I love the replies on this thread! Throw them on and drive it!! That's my philosophy! There were so many idiots on TCCA that think a Ford Taurus is some LeMans endurance test vehicle and I'm glad to here that people are "Normal".

·
Registered
448 Posts
Put the new rotors on and then check the pads to see if there's grooves cut into the pads by the old rotors. If it's not too bad, go ahead and put them back on. If they are some deep groves, I would try them out carefully to see if they are messing up the new rotor. Any sign of that, I would go ahead replace the pads since rotors are so much more expensive than pads. Chances are if the pads are "soft", you're not gonna have too much issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts