Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of you guys recommending Autozone brake pads. They offer a $35 ceramic pad and a $60 ceramic pad. Which ones are you guys using with good results? I want to avoid the brake dust as much as possible.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/p...rentId=cat10005

Also, they offer a Duralast Gold rotor that is supposed to have an anti rust coating? They are $47 and special order. Any idea if they are better than the Duralast rotors which are $45?

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/p...rentId=cat10005

Thanks in advance!

Jim

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
My posted topic a few lines down is asking kind of the same questions; I just bought the DGR54030 special order rotors and DG598 ceramic pads, and will be installing them very soon. They seem to be a real upgrade from the stock setup, but only time will tell. And according to the sales associate who sold me this stuff, the basic Duralast rotors are not vented, so I steered clear of those when picking out my new parts.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
QUOTE (Brian_05_SEL @ Apr 16 2009, 08:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=718245
My posted topic a few lines down is asking kind of the same questions; I just bought the DGR54030 special order rotors and DG598 ceramic pads, and will be installing them very soon. They seem to be a real upgrade from the stock setup, but only time will tell. And according to the sales associate who sold me this stuff, the basic Duralast rotors are not vented, so I steered clear of those when picking out my new parts.[/b]
If he showed you solid rotors, he showed you the wrong parts. All Taurus front rotors are vented, regardless of brand.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
QUOTE (ford_ses @ Apr 16 2009, 09:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=718266
QUOTE (Brian_05_SEL @ Apr 16 2009, 08:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=718245
My posted topic a few lines down is asking kind of the same questions; I just bought the DGR54030 special order rotors and DG598 ceramic pads, and will be installing them very soon. They seem to be a real upgrade from the stock setup, but only time will tell. And according to the sales associate who sold me this stuff, the basic Duralast rotors are not vented, so I steered clear of those when picking out my new parts.[/b]
If he showed you solid rotors, he showed you the wrong parts. All Taurus front rotors are vented, regardless of brand.
[/b][/quote]

I know that, but the ones he showed me were marked correctly, they just weren't a vented-style disc. Must have been a cheaper alternative, but I would never put solid discs up front on any car. They just wouldn't hold up under heavy use without some serious fade.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts