Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

So, with the lockdown and all, I felt that it would be a great time to start an old school flame war and ask for recommendations on new brake pads for my 2011 Taurus SEL. I have found several brands at what I consider "reasonable" prices:

PowerStop Evolution @ $17,00 USD
ACDelco Pro Brakes 17D1508CHF1 @ $32.00 USD
Motorcraft BRF1467 @ $55.00 USD
Brembo P24164N @ $54.00 USD

I'm also open to suggestions that aren't listed here. My brakes are factory stock and generally work well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

zog

·
Registered
94 Posts
What is MOST important to you with brakes? Quiet or long lasting? Softer material will make less noise, but not provide great stopping power nor last long. Ceramic material last a long time, creates little dust or noise, but chews up brake rotors.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks @Bob Barnett. I'm looking for good stopping power, my fellow citizens here in Montreal drive somewhat insanely, and jaywalking is considered an art form here... and oh yeah, insane bicyclist who will ride the wrong way on a one way street, with a coffee cup in one hand and talking on their cell with the other, (yes, this type of shite happens reguarly in Montreal).

Since nobody seems to turn rotors anymore, I would rather replace my rotors every few years to prevent any warping. I never had the problem with my Fords, but back when I was driving Dodges....), their relatively cheap now days.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Taurus
418 Posts
I am trying the ceramic due to the dust issue. so far 25K, it has done a great job and I have noticed no difference in braking.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Brembo or Pagid. Go for quality and rotors are too cheap. Go on and get those too and do the job correctly.

Tom in Dallas

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bought motorcraft last time I changed rear rotors and pads. Price was so close, why not

RockAuto beat all my local sources. No idea how that can be. Feel a little guilty not shopping local but 3x cost is nuts. Have had reasonable luck with parts avatar . ca as well, but only on certain brands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts