Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on a 1995 TAURUS and I cut off (honestly) both back brake lines on and I need to know which goes to which side.I would presume that it would make a difference and I am replacing both of them and want to get it right. I want to know where the front line(small nut) and the rear line(larger nut) from the Master Cylinder got to which holes in the proportioning valve in the rear?Would it matter if I connect it anyway?
Any help appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did the same thing and I need to know. I have ABS. I have connected the new lines and they do stop the back tires but my back left caliper is tight on the disk causing the brake to heat up and "smoke". I tried turning the caliper in but the problem starts once I hit the brakes. I think it might be just a bad caliper even though it worked fine before the brake lines blew due to corrosion.
In the front of the car there's a "block" that has 3 lines that are in a row, the first line goes to the master cylinder and the 2nd and 3rd lines run to the back and connect to the proportioning valve. The 2nd line, or middle line however you want to look at it, connects to which slot in the back? Sorry I couldn't find an image or reference of the front "block".

Not my picture, found on google. #1 and #2 are the lines that go to the front.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts