Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as is common with these vehicles, my 01 SE would struggle to shift into drive. Being the stingy guy i am i attempt to replace the brake light switch by myself. Easy task. What through me off was the before and after TSB instructions. Well of course i clipped the wires in the wrong spot and manged to clip my break light switch. My cruise control release switch totaling 4 wires. Now it gets weird because I look up at what i clipped and now there are 5 wires? undo the electrical tape on what i snipped and cant seem to find a 5th wire? 2 run to cruise control. 2 run to brake light. Where the hell did this come from?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm Currently at work so am unable to take a picture. But there were 5 total wires. 3 of them were red and green. and if memory serves me right with the other two.. One was pink and Brown? And the other one was blue and something. All I got.

·
Registered
6,877 Posts
Here are the color codes for the brake and cruise control deactivation switch. Not sure what the black wire is but black is usually ground. I will look for the wire more but a clearer pic would be good.
IMG_3084.jpg
IMG_3085.jpg
IMG_3083.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts