Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I set the parking brake of my 99 taurus se. some time the brake light doesn't light up. some time it's ok. what could the problem be?

It doesn't bother me much, just sometime I forgot to release the parking brake when driving.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
If you're talking about teh light on the instrument cluster, it's a pretty easy fix. I've had this problem before on my '95 and it turns out the switch on the parking brake pedal was a little dirty. Just clean it with a paper towel and spray some WD-40 on it and it should work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Qwertz9586@Jan 26 2004, 09:18 PM
If you're talking about teh light on the instrument cluster, it's a pretty easy fix. I've had this problem before on my '95 and it turns out the switch on the parking brake pedal was a little dirty. Just clean it with a paper towel and spray some WD-40 on it and it should work.
Yeah, I mean the light on the instrument cluster. I will check it out and get you posted. But Where is the switch you mentioned? What it looks like?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys. I found the switch and tried it with hands. It is the problem of the switch, a small problem. I will give it a clean when the weather is berrer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts