Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah, I'm drivin along, and its a kinda hot day, I'm doing 35 on the road, come to a full stop, and sit at the light for a while, not a/c running, no vent, just sitting. I start up again, and *voila* now ny CEL is on.

Pulled the codes, its p0172, says the system is too rich (Bank 1)

So... the fuel/air is too rich? and why now? wtf?

I have had my new intake setup (WAI) for a half a month, so i'm tending to rule that out... so anyways.... after that..... it comes back on a lil later, disappears while i'm highway driving.... and then comes back on when i get to columbia.... meh

Anyways, the other deal is that when i accel hard from a dead stop, my e'brake light comes on for half a second and then goes away... wtf?

silly cecilia the taurus, acting up on me...

-ry

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
well for your brake light, you may be low on brake fluid and when you accelerate the fluid moves around in the resouvior triggering the low brake fluid sensor, which would explain your light comming on.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's not the brake fluid warning light........ it's the e-brake 'on' light... is my e-brake linkage loose somewheres?

and that's the Service Engine Soon light that's on... not the CEL.... sorry

and maybe this should be moved to repair.........

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
E-brake switch is loose or broken, or the connection is loose or the wire is shorting.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, i think i found the prollem... started nosing around up by the e-brake, and tightened everything down... it seems to be alright now

So i think the SES light is a plug problem ... now when accelerating hard past 45-70mph, or from standstill theres a series of definate misses... so i'm off to Autozone for some plugs and wires.....and if that doesn't fix it.... meh... they could use replacing anyway....

-ry

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Originally posted by ryanqzqz@Sep 2 2004, 05:16 PM
it's not the brake fluid warning light........ it's the e-brake 'on' light... is my e-brake linkage loose somewheres?

on a gen 3/4, the ebrake and brake fluid light are one in the same.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Baby SHO+Sep 5 2004, 06:27 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Baby SHO @ Sep 5 2004, 06:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ryanqzqz@Sep 2 2004, 05:16 PM

on a gen 3/4, the ebrake and brake fluid light are one in the same. [/b][/quote]
Oops..... :unsure: Meh........ the brake light prollem seems to have vanished after i went poking around under the dash and such.... and new plugs have gotten rid of the ses light and the hesitation.... YAY.... now if i can just replace my door...

SEE here

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that's what i was thinking too... and the stock tubes and box have been back on since two days after that first post....... i was still havin trouble.... but all is good now and I figure i'll leave it stock.... ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts