Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, hello! I am new here, but have been reading for a while.

I did search, but really couldn't find anything I was looking for so I figured I will ask here.

I have a 1994 Taurus with 94k and a good body. I do enjoy the car.

Lately, when stopping, a couple different things happen...

1. I press the brake pedal and the car begins to stop, as I get down inside of 10MPH, I feel the pressure go away from the pedal and it goes a little further, but the car stops.

or...

2. I press the brake pedal and the car begins to stop... well instead of getting the drop in pressure, I just get a grind and a sudden stop. Fortunately, I am only going a few MPH when it happens.

We have replaced the calipers and pads on the front, the rotors were still in good shape.

Any ideas on what it could be? I am not a car guy, but my uncle has been helping me on this... I am trying to learn as we go.

Hopefully someone has some suggestions/ideas. Thanks!

·
Registered
79 Posts
1. I press the brake pedal and the car begins to stop, as I get down inside of 10MPH, I feel the pressure go away from the pedal and it goes a little further, but the car stops.

That sounds like a bad master cylinder or air in the lines to me.

not sure about number 2

·
Registered
211 Posts

That sounds like a bad master cylinder or air in the lines to me.

not sure about number 2
I agree. do you hear a hissing air like noise when pressing down the pedal at all?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.