Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've been getting tired trying to get the brake light off and get the traction control/ABS working again. Once I run Forscan it says it can't test to give me a more definitive answer.

The previous owner said he had a problem with the Ebrake switch where he would have to push the pedal up to get the light to go off(which I now know is a load of crap). I took that sensor out, cleaned the contact points but no dice.

I was reading that if you disconnect the connector to sensors and the light goes out, then you can pinpoint the problem. So I did...... The Ebrake switch had no effect. Pulled the MC Fluid level switch, light went out :). Now I know where the problem is!

My question is this..... I know the sensor just slides right out cause I had it out recently, but is there a float or something like that on the inside of the reservoir that tells the sensor how much fluid is in it? I didn't see anything but that's not to say there is nothing there. Now that I pin pointed it, I want to fix it so the TC/ABS will function for the first time since I owned it.

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
I replaced my master cylinder not too long ago. The sensor just slid out and I didn't notice anything else in the reservoir. I threw my old one away, but the sensor did come with the master cylinder. Only issue I had was that the sensor by Cardone didn't quite fit. I think I ended up getting a mastery cylinder from Carquest and that one fit.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is the MC filled with fluid to the proper level assuming it is try tapping the side of the reservoir with a screw driver handle to see if the float will pop up. Might be stuck/ magnetized to the bottom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts