Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New rotors on wagon today. New rotors, sanded flanges and lubed the pilot register for rotor and wheel. Did not replace, pads, they were good but I sanded them on a disc sander, (outside) as the old rotor rust had roughed the surface up a bit. Thread locker on threads. Getting all the tools I might need out there in advance.
1. The Durago BR54030-01 from RA @ $29.89 per. My first of this and all looks good. I used the scales in the pic, hanging, to see if they weight is up to what is on the car. +0.14#. Low end rotors can thin the sides and open up the center making them light weight and weak.
2. All back together and double checked to see all is tight. Torqued lugs. 100#.
3. Took it out and local drive first and the pedal was soft. Out on flat road no traffic, and up to 60 and hard bk to 20, repeat and they seated in firm.
4. Back home, cooled off and recheck torque. All 5 to 15 degrees of more turn to torque.
5. New rotors are nice, clean and lube, double check all is tight, bedding pads matters, re-torque matters.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
10,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Posted in wrong place. Should have been in brakes and such. First mistake of the day.
-chart-

1 - 2 of 2 Posts