2500w max :dunno:
800w rms :D
18-1000hz :thumb:
calls for .90-1.2cf for ported box :blink:

is this box good? or should i biuld it like a standard slot vent box? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
With a port that long, it looks like it's going to be tuned high. And you missed a 45* corner. Good design though.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With a port that long, it looks like it's going to be tuned high. And you missed a 45* corner. Good design though.
[/b]
i see the corner... :blink: is there any way to biuld a box that will "HOUND", with out all this tuning stuff? :dunno: and if not how could i tune this setup lower without taking up my entire trunk?

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
i see the corner... :blink: is there any way to biuld a box that will "HOUND", with out all this tuning stuff? :dunno: and if not how could i tune this setup lower without taking up my entire trunk? [/b][/quote]

You just need to vary the length/width of the port to tune it just right.

http://www.2k4civic.com/portcalculator.html

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
The box volume is calculated after you compensate for port volume. Given your 14x8.5x12 (internal dimensions) airspace for the woofer, you only have ~.82cuft. You need to get it to 1.0cuft, and THEN add the port volume.

A 1.25x12x30" port will be tuned right around 35hz. Like Mike said, somewhat high.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts