Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i know this isn't too exciting, but i think the plate holders are cool!!!!

Front:

Back:

I think it makes everything looks tighter, and cleaner...my plates arent in too good condition, so yeah.. overall i think it looks good, what do you guys think?

I washed my car, and that is how dirty it got on the way home from the car wash!

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
black plates with red lettering on a black car... *drools*

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Originally posted by Ryne@Feb 16 2004, 04:20 PM
black plates with red lettering on a black car... *drools*
ryne knows whats up. i got the plate on my car,my car's white,but it still looks nice as poop.

J

·
0 Posts
Looks cool

Did you paint the chrome bars on the front and back of the car around the Ford emblem? Because I know on the SEL's the rear is body color and the front is black, but you have an SES. I was wondering because I bought a spare front grill to paint and I was wondering what kind of paint you used and how it is holding up - it looks good. Also, how did you not paint on the Ford emblem in the front - did you take it out, if so, how? If you didn't paint anything all these questions will be really dumb, lol.
Thanks

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Qwertz9586@Feb 16 2004, 08:53 PM
I've got a plate frame on the back. It's just the plate on the front.

Supporting the club.

That looks good, too Qwertz

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Originally posted by jason8225@Feb 16 2004, 11:56 PM
Looks cool

Did you paint the chrome bars on the front and back of the car around the Ford emblem? Because I know on the SEL's the rear is body color and the front is black, but you have an SES. I was wondering because I bought a spare front grill to paint and I was wondering what kind of paint you used and how it is holding up - it looks good. Also, how did you not paint on the Ford emblem in the front - did you take it out, if so, how? If you didn't paint anything all these questions will be really dumb, lol.
Thanks
SEL's do NOT have body colored spears. My SEL was chrome, and all other SELs are chrome. The only ones that are NOT chrome are the 2004's. They dont even HAVE a spear in the front. Just a Ford emblem.

He didn't paint his. They are body colored from the factory. He has an SES Sport. This is the ONLY pre-2004 Taurus that has body colored spears in the front and back.

-Kyle

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
IMO I like the chrome touches better.

I dont like plate frames myself, but a alumni one is a-ok by me. But for gods sake get rid of that free advertising on your car.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Why does everyone blur out their license plate. It's not blurred out when you are running down the road or parked at the mall?

M

·
0 Posts
nah jesse, it look's good!! I just got the tinted plate cover for my car...looks nice on a black car. Strut your mtech pride!!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Originally posted by mwt@Feb 17 2004, 06:30 AM
Why does everyone blur out their license plate. It's not blurred out when you are running down the road or parked at the mall?
theres more shady people online than in real life.

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by kjw86ca+Feb 17 2004, 02:25 AM-->QUOTE (kjw86ca @ Feb 17 2004, 02:25 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-jason8225
@Feb 16 2004, 11:56 PM
Looks cool 

Did you paint the chrome bars on the front and back of the car around the Ford emblem?  Because I know on the SEL's the rear is body color and the front is black, but you have an SES.  I was wondering because I bought a spare front grill to paint and I was wondering what kind of paint you used and how it is holding up - it looks good.  Also, how did you not paint on the Ford emblem in the front - did you take it out, if so, how?  If you didn't paint anything all these questions will be really dumb, lol. 
  Thanks 

SEL's do NOT have body colored spears. My SEL was chrome, and all other SELs are chrome. The only ones that are NOT chrome are the 2004's. They dont even HAVE a spear in the front. Just a Ford emblem.

He didn't paint his. They are body colored from the factory. He has an SES Sport. This is the ONLY pre-2004 Taurus that has body colored spears in the front and back.

-Kyle [/b]
Are you sure? I know I've seen SELs around that had body colored spears in the back, I didn't see the front of all of them, but I can confirm seeing one with the spear black in the front.
I guess people could have been painting them or something, but I doubt it for as many as I've seen like that (at least 4 or 5).

Not to mention this could be one of those minor inconsistencies - or an limited time thing...

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by detroit_raver+Feb 17 2004, 02:32 AM-->QUOTE (detroit_raver @ Feb 17 2004, 02:32 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-jtkz13
@Feb 17 2004, 02:26 AM
But for gods sake get rid of that free advertising on your car. 

exactly what i was gonna say!! [/b]
Yup, i know... it is on the to do list

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by mwt@Feb 17 2004, 06:30 AM
LOL this is the percise reason I dont bother doing it on the internet... hell i bet more people see my lisence plate driving then they ever will on the internet

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by MySablesNameIsBruce@Feb 17 2004, 08:17 AM
nah jesse, it look's good!! I just got the tinted plate cover for my car...looks nice on a black car. Strut your mtech pride!!
LOL yeah, those black out dealies are illegal i think!! in wisconsin at least.. but yeah MTU pride LOL

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by jason8225+Feb 17 2004, 09:51 AM-->QUOTE (jason8225 @ Feb 17 2004, 09:51 AM)
Originally posted by [email protected] 17 2004, 02:25 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-jason8225
Looks cool 

Did you paint the chrome bars on the front and back of the car around the Ford emblem?  Because I know on the SEL's the rear is body color and the front is black, but you have an SES.  I was wondering because I bought a spare front grill to paint and I was wondering what kind of paint you used and how it is holding up - it looks good.  Also, how did you not paint on the Ford emblem in the front - did you take it out, if so, how?  If you didn't paint anything all these questions will be really dumb, lol. 
  Thanks 

-Kyle
Are you sure? I know I've seen SELs around that had body colored spears in the back, I didn't see the front of all of them, but I can confirm seeing one with the spear black in the front.
I guess people could have been painting them or something, but I doubt it for as many as I've seen like that (at least 4 or 5).

Not to mention this could be one of those minor inconsistencies - or an limited time thing... [/b]
I thought i'd let you guys argue for a while..

I have the Taurus Sport Editition... the sport edition comes with:

Body color matching front and back spears
two toned sport bucket seats
silver interior trim
and sport rims

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Originally posted by jason8225+Feb 17 2004, 07:51 AM-->QUOTE (jason8225 @ Feb 17 2004, 07:51 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-jason8225
Looks cool 

Thanks 

-Kyle

Not to mention this could be one of those minor inconsistencies - or an limited time thing... [/b]
Well, Let me put this quandary to rest... my 2002 SEL did not have body color spears as an option
(otherwise I would have gotten it) likewise the 2000-2003 SELs did not have it as an option either. Only the 2000-2003 SES SPORT Editions had the color spear.

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Originally posted by Troper8+Feb 17 2004, 12:14 PM-->QUOTE (Troper8 @ Feb 17 2004, 12:14 PM)
Originally posted by [email protected] 17 2004, 07:51 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-jason8225
Looks cool 

Thanks 

-Kyle

Not to mention this could be one of those minor inconsistencies - or an limited time thing...
Well, Let me put this quandary to rest... my 2002 SEL did not have body color spears as an option
(otherwise I would have gotten it) likewise the 2000-2003 SELs did not have it as an option either. Only the 2000-2003 SES SPORT Editions had the color spear. [/b]
It wasn't a "quandary" because I knew I was right. I didn't need to argue about it. :p

1 - 20 of 34 Posts