Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Turn for the "Alternator Limbo"

Bolt Head size (In MM s) Alternator,'99 Duratec
Anyone remember the Bolt head size?

Thanks!

Edit:
It MAY be 18MM.(We'll see soon)
[As soon as the Weather Clears.We're finally getting some Precipitation]

I can see the Top Two from above,and with the Belt removed I'm gonna TRY these Offsets from HF.
[Since the Top ones are such a Bear from the Wheel Well.]

Second Choice is a Set of Metric Crow's Foots from "Sunex" ,grafted onto a Ratcheting 3/8 breaker bar.

All this ,just to see if I can Break 'em loose.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,932 Posts
Wrench

Bolt Head size (In MM s) Alternator,'99 Duratec
Anyone remember the Bolt head size?

Thanks!

Edit:
It MAY be 18MM.(We'll see soon)
[As soon as the Weather Clears.We're finally getting some Precipitation]

I can see the Top Two from above,and with the Belt removed I'm gonna TRY these Offsets from HF.
[Since the Top ones are such a Bear from the Wheel Well.]

Second Choice is a Set of Metric Crow's Foots from "Sunex" ,grafted onto a Ratcheting 3/8 breaker bar.

All this ,just to see if I can Break 'em loose.
Attached pic shows my ground box end that I made long ago for Essex rear drive, I think it was belt tensioner, but too long ago.

Sacrafice elcheapo for this purpose, let it hang on a nail in my garage with other once and a while tools. If using a socket, I would suggest 6 point and similar face grind for this thin head.

Just my $0.02 worth

-chart-

·
Registered
12 Posts
i had to make a tool using a socket and a spacer so that the socket didn't push all the way onto the serpentine belt tool (thinner than a ratchet). tape them together so they don't come apart. I used the 1/2 drive because the socket was deeper and I needed the depth. To keep the tubular a/c part out of the way i ratchet strapped it to the hood.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts