Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 SES with dents on the rear door, hood and fender. The front bumper cover has peeling paint. I found a 2002 and 2003 that matches my color and plan to swap parts, will there be fitment issues if I do that?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
went to the junk yard today and looks like the hood, doors and fenders will fit just fine across years. the 2004-2007 bumper cover has a flat bottom on the grill compared to the oval (curved) design on 2000-2003. I'm planning on getting the hood, fender, doors, grill and bumper cover from a 2002 on my 2004 (if I can't find a decent 2004-)

thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
what a nice weather today, got the dented parts fixed today. i prefer the downgrade to 2000-2003 from a 2004 in terms of front fascia. all photos are in my facebook page.

there are some things that I hate about the shop (or PO) that did the job.

the styrofoam bumper is missing and the bracket is broken, I have to go back to the junkyard to get one, I have to get the 2002 instead of 2004 since there is a curved portion in the center, the 2004+ has a flatter profile. The bracket that holds the bumper in the middle is broken due to the styrofoam missing, this caused too much load for the plastic bracket. Lastly the worst and half ass job they did was trying to bend the ac pipe, luckily the AC is still working and not leaking.

I still have to replace the interior door panels since the existing are in better condition than the replacement.
The rear door window regulator is not working on the replacement, I have to swap the window regulator next week.

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
I believe those are the liquid lines off the condenser and it would seem that there is a lot of restriction. If there is more restriction at those points than in the orfice then you will have a cooling issue.

Good color match or was it painted?

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
Me personally I like the 2004-2007 bumpers and grill.... HOWEVER..... that's an excellent job making the car visually appealing again!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
its just an exact match, they all have the same exterior paint code "TS" on all years. I like the 2004+ bumpers though since they are not common but I like the winged chrome grill. Luckily they are not faded or as bright as the existing one.
painting is going to cost more, replacing it with junk yard parts is more cost effective. our pick-n-pull place just made a 50% off on all parts this weekend, so that seals the deal. I was trying to snag some other parts like auto dim mirrors, side speakers, leather seats, spoilers but I just don't have much time.. so the important things go first.. maybe on the next sale.

just for giggles, I found a mercury sable with a perfect condition front fascia.. and I was thinking maybe I'll get both fenders, hood, lights and bumper, I will have a sable on the front and taurus on the rear !! frankencar heh...

·
Registered
267 Posts
I wish we had Pick n Pull here in Tucson. Our pullit yourself yards are so lame.

When you go back to the JY for the front padding, see if you can find those hoses for the A/C. Those lines are restrictive and should be replaced. Used will do, you're gonna clean them out before you put them on anyway. If you have your ducks in a row and do it quickly (preferably in a garage) and lube the o-rings with a bit of the oil that comes out of the system. Then take it to almost any shop, have them pull a vacuum, and put in the proper amount of R-134a. Or bring it to me and you can use my vacuum pump and manifold.

Your project is looking nice!:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
8 Participants
SamH
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing