Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i know this one site that custom manufactuers kits for any car...heres the info

each group buy has to be the same style kit, and the same years
all we need is 10 pre-orders of the same custom kit you choose
$675.00x10 people with the same car, and want the same design kit (that is a complete kit!)
add shippping is paid upon delivery FREIGHT COLLECT. (you dont pay for shipping upfront, you pay for shipping when your kit arrives)
we would need to ship to a business address (any business address will do , like your work, or a body shop)
after we get the pre-orders, we would need a sponsor car to prototype the kit on in CALIFORNIA, of course the sponsor car will get a FREE Kit, but first we would need the pre-orders and the group buy organized and pre-paid before hand.
(please do not email us for sponosrships for this)
After the group buy is complete, allow 5-7 weeks for us to make the kit, and we can ship the kits our after.

B

·
0 Posts
Sounds like bodykits.org. If it is, I think Doc may have some insight for you.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
OK... fundamental problem with this approach...

Who manages the group buy? Will the company take responsibility for it? Also, what is the deadline for 10 orders and will they refund those who pay in a reasonable amount of time if we don't make the 10 order minimum in a certain time frame?

I think people are nervious about putting in for something that expensive when there's no garrentee that it will even happen because of the 10 order minimum. They might get further with $100 downpayment per person to get started. Payment in full when the kits are completed and proven to be satisfactory quality. This shows that the manufacturer is willing to front some investment dollars to our cause and shows the manufacturer that the buyers are out there. Win-Win situation.

-Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts