Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the new link to the petition I have going for some aftermarket bodykits and similar products. Hopefully we can get enough to convince them a kit or widebody set up would be worthwhile. If you haven't signed and are interested, please visit and sign here:

Body Kit Petition

and tell your friends.

·
Registered
486 Posts
so what is going on with the petition, how many signatures are you looking to get before trying to use it?

·
Registered
117 Posts
doc, got it done.

·
Registered
117 Posts
excuse me. i signed the petition!

·
Registered
178 Posts
What would the body kit look like? Please don't let it look all ricy like some of those Mustang body kits are.... that would just burdeon the poor Taurus/Sable name very badly

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, we need as many as would want to purchase a kit. I have sent the companies emails with the link to the petition in the past and plan on doing it quarterly until they either tell me to stop of produce stuff for our cars. I have had No responses from any of the companies.

·
Registered
2001 Ford Mustang. 2005 Harley Deluxe. 2016 Freightliber Cascadia.
326 Posts
I just added number 189. As noted I would prefer a Gen1 kit, but seeing a kit for any gen Taurus would still be welcomed by me. Hell if it looks good enough I might go buy the Gen Taurus it is made for. LOL

Michael

·
Registered
13 Posts
i am now number 189 on the petition.

i want a body kit for my 92! i dont want a fast and furious style body kit but i want some kind of styling...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Umm I'm not sure what we are looking for in a body kit. I found a ground effects kit by razzi, I just happened to go searching around and this one came up.

http://www.razzi.com/vehicles/ford/taurus_9899_4dr_2211.html

I don't know if this counts as a "body kit" but hey its a start.
Apparrenlty also there was another company that had made a ground kit for the 96-99 taurus too, but it didn't look that great. So I wonder are there more out there?
Does this thing seem overpiced? Or no? Feedback would be good.
thanks
levi

·
Registered
48 Posts
The RAZZI "kit" is just a bumper overlay, not replacement. It is help on with 3M double sided tape and self taping screws..IMO it looks like crap due to the line across the bumper it adds. The only kit I like so far isnt made..the RAGE kit. Dang them!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I actually think that line on the bumper makes it looks cool that way. I guess its personal preference. I hope some company realizes that maybe not that many (enough for them to make a good profit) people want body kits for the taurus/sable, but once they produce them and they are on the market, i think tons of people that currently have taurus's are going to start to buying body kits. Plus, i think people might start buying taurus's and pimping them out. The price on the them are cheap and there are tons of taurus cars. But then again, there arent that many aftermarket parts for the taurus's/sables, which discourages many teenagers in buying these cars.

·
Registered
270 Posts
# 201 And hopefully it is better than the cheap looking ground effects and more like the Rage kit that isnt available

·
Registered
156 Posts
Look out Newbie with a possible dumb question..

Do they make kits for the Gen 4?

·
Registered
108 Posts
lol i want the fast and the furious gen ii kit) i love making fun of hondas)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.