Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just started today. Last weekend I replaced the connectors to the rear window by cutting off the old ones and splicing in new ones (the old ones were stiff and would come off the connectors). Now the fuse (15 amp) keeps blowing if I hit the rear wiper switch. Where so I start in diagnosing this?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
This just started today. Last weekend I replaced the connectors to the rear window by cutting off the old ones and splicing in new ones (the old ones were stiff and would come off the connectors). Now the fuse (15 amp) keeps blowing if I hit the rear wiper switch. Where so I start in diagnosing this?
[/b]
Make sure that the hot wire isnt grounding out.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, I'll knock that out this weekend.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Was the wiper working ok before you did the wiring? It's possible that the motor is seizing up and drawing excessive current, causing the fuse to pop.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was the wiper working ok before you did the wiring? It's possible that the motor is seizing up and drawing excessive current, causing the fuse to pop.
[/b]
Work fine. Except when I would open the window and the wire would pop off. That's why I cut the wires and addded new ones. That worked as well for about a week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts