Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to run an errand today so I got in my 99 ford tauras and noticed that the fan/ac/heat/blower wont turn on at all. Doesnt blow or make any sound at all. The last time I drove it the A/c worked great, I could change the speeds no problem.

I dont think it is related, but I did do a 134a REcharge on my A/C (low pressure). Everything worked great, it got cold, help the pressure. I know the possibility that it might leak is there.

The fan always worked, the heater worked great. I didnt use the A'C or the fan for a long time because it was hot and the ac didnt work. Now that I got the AC fixed (maybe just temporarily) now the damn blower dont even work.

My and my dad literally checked every single fuse. The fuse diagram for my car didnt make much sense because the interior panel cover is gone, so we couldnt match up a number. We did check every fuse, but found no blown ones.

The only thing we didnt check is the relay fuses, I actually dont have a tool to check them. Havent checked the blower either, however without prior issues I am left with the thought that the blower motor could be fine.

I did notice, that when I turn the ignition on my car to the Point just before starting the engine that I get a little click at the front fuse panel (under the hood) We were able to figure out which relay fuse it was, however when we added another relay fuse of the same kind, it still made that click sound.

Could there be a short in my system?

I am gonna get my car checked out my an auto mechanic thursday. I have a few other problems that I am not comfortable with fixing myself. Will eventually have them check everything out. I posted here to see what other things I should check.

I am auto illiterate, just thought I would point that out. I know how to check basic fuses and install a stereo and add windshielf wiper fluid and change a battery, lol.

-Gerrit

·
Registered
10,958 Posts
Blower motor

I had to run an errand today so I got in my 99 ford tauras and noticed that the fan/ac/heat/blower wont turn on at all. Doesnt blow or make any sound at all. The last time I drove it the A/c worked great, I could change the speeds no problem.

I dont think it is related, but I did do a 134a REcharge on my A/C (low pressure). Everything worked great, it got cold, help the pressure. I know the possibility that it might leak is there.

The fan always worked, the heater worked great. I didnt use the A'C or the fan for a long time because it was hot and the ac didnt work. Now that I got the AC fixed (maybe just temporarily) now the damn blower dont even work.

My and my dad literally checked every single fuse. The fuse diagram for my car didnt make much sense because the interior panel cover is gone, so we couldnt match up a number. We did check every fuse, but found no blown ones.

The only thing we didnt check is the relay fuses, I actually dont have a tool to check them. Havent checked the blower either, however without prior issues I am left with the thought that the blower motor could be fine.

I did notice, that when I turn the ignition on my car to the Point just before starting the engine that I get a little click at the front fuse panel (under the hood) We were able to figure out which relay fuse it was, however when we added another relay fuse of the same kind, it still made that click sound.

Could there be a short in my system?

I am gonna get my car checked out my an auto mechanic thursday. I have a few other problems that I am not comfortable with fixing myself. Will eventually have them check everything out. I posted here to see what other things I should check.

I am auto illiterate, just thought I would point that out. I know how to check basic fuses and install a stereo and add windshielf wiper fluid and change a battery, lol.

-Gerrit
Likely the blower motor. Lots of problems with water getting in. If it is not run for a while and even a small bit of water will freeze them up. Easy to remove, just 3 screws and access through the gove box.

Ford made a added water hat extension for the cabin air filter to help stop water getting in the blower.

Just do not drop the screws.:lol2:

They may hide behind the carpet.

-chart-

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,410 Posts
You might try moving the plug connected to the resistor ( a small plug going to a blue like unit connected by 2 screws up by the heater) sometimes that will affect the fan also...might be the resistor , although when that goes, the fan only works on high.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.