Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just happened in my 2003 Taurus. I was getting heat on high only last year but medical bills delayed immediate repair. Then it stopped working completely and I had smoke pouring out of the vents right under the windshield. Am I having fun yet? Brake line went in November - that was great fun on a four lane highway. Shop got it working for a few minutes until it sounded like someone was tossing ball bearings around inside it. Getting an estimate of +/- $300 for resistor and motor. Twenty miles north of Philly, does this sound about right? Thanks. I will have to handle a/c issues later. I really miss my ‘71 Mach I that never needed anything but a windshield wiper motor and got about 35 mpg. It was my best Ford ever. Because my dad had been my salesman and he was a Ford 500 Club member, I used to be able to call the arbitration board in NJ, if only just to express my displeasure, but cannot find their number anymore.

·
Administrator
14,972 Posts
That seems like an average shop price. You could probably do substantially better buying the parts and finding a shade tree mechanic on craigslist or local classifieds

·
Registered
506 Posts
The blower is a relatively easy swap if you want to do it your self and save a lot of $$

·
Super Moderator
7,877 Posts
Blower motor around $35 and resistor around $25 online. Half hour to replace both with basic hand tools.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Try LKQ pick your parts, or your local parts yard, I got a used motor and the resistor under $30
you can use 2001-2007 from Taurus.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts